September 11-15, 2011
These are 3 pans for exerment
Paper new for experment.
getting redy wet.
weting the paper.
movieng paper around.
Past for concreet like stuff.
Puttung it to keep dirt in.
All 3 of the traise.
were the water goings.
Here we GOO.
Yucky its all dirty!
You can see the path the water took down the dirt.
Will the paper hold?
YES IT DID!!!
Its CLEANE YEE!!
Will the grass hold to this torous storm?
Its verry clean
Nicely done MR grase.
1. Describe the difference in the path the water took in each of the three boxes.
Box 1: it all went down quickly taking dirt.
Box 2: just went dow a little less quack no stuff
Box 3: took a long time to come down worked god.
2. How much water ended up in each collecting pan after three minutes?
Box 1: 10 oz with a lot of dirt in it
Box 2: 13 oz
Box 3: 14 oz
What was the color of the water in each collecting pan?
Box 1: DIRTY COLLOR.
Box 2: clean grey
Box 3: CLEAR
3. How did the color and the amount of water differ in each collecting pan after three minutes? There was less water but more dirt in pan 1. Pan 2 and pan 3 had about the same amount of water and about the same amount of stuff (newspaper/dirt).
4. How much soil ended up in each collecting pan? There was a lot of dirt in pan 1; just bits of newspaper mush in pan 2, and a little bit of dirt in pan 3.
5. The newspaper mixture used in box 2 resembles a mixture sprayed on bare soil at construction sites to prevent erosion. Based on your experiment, why do you think this is a good idea?
to save our invoroment